JOIN OUR TEAM
Join our team
Would you like to give something back to our local community while having fun and #InspiringGirls?
Girlguiding in Portishead and Pill are currently recruiting for our friendly local team, so we can offer Girlguiding to more girls when meetings resume post lockdown.
Our volunteers tell us that they enjoy volunteering with us because:
- It’s fun!
- It’s great to see girls gain confidence and gain new skills as a result of the time they spend with you
- They enjoy working as part of a small team, who become friends over time
- They can share their skills and hobbies, giving girls a chance to try new things
- They learn while helping the girls – you never know when you’ll need to make a cardboard box cooker!
You’ll have the opportunity to build on some of your existing skills such as teamwork, leadership, organisation, communication, budgeting and motivation – great for boosting your CV, if that’s important to you.
We are currently looking for adults to work, as part of a team, with girls in our regular group meetings for:
- Rainbows aged 5-7
- Brownies aged 7-10
- Guides aged 10-14
- Rangers aged 14-18
Our group volunteers enjoy spending time with girls and young women, can help regularly (not necessarily every week), and are kind, reliable, and fun. Roles range from training to lead or help lead a group, to supporting leaders to run activities, events and residential experiences.
We also seek adults with the following skills to support our busy volunteer leaders, so that they can focus on providing great guiding experiences for our young members.
- Administration, especially via computer
- Keeping simple financial records
- Building maintenance – advising our HQ management committee so we keep our building in great shape
Girlguiding welcomes volunteers of all backgrounds, ages, cultures, faiths and abilities. We are flexible, and volunteering can be arranged to fit around a busy lifestyle.
You will be required to provide references, and may be asked to complete a criminal record disclosure check, carried out by a local verifier.
Register your interest using the Join Us link to the right, or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.